Top 10 Things to Know About Me – Herbert Riggs
Top Ten items you should know about me.
1. Family: I am a family man. They are my WHY Factor, my motivation, my soul.
2. Man of Faith. I believe in the pursuit of happiness. I believe in humanity. I
believe in the virtues of honesty, integrity and honor. I believe in people. I
believe that every person has a gift and a passion.
3. Optimistic. I have an abundance vs scarcity mentality. When problems arise I view them as a challenge and view myself as a problem solver.
4. Invest in myself. I am a fan of education. I recently became an Associate
Broker via 180 hours of class room time and 8 additional hours of CE
annually. (many realtors believe that this is too much). I will always be up-to-date on changes in the law, profession, and industry.
5. I study trends/cycles. I love the economic factors that move markets. I find
that most trends are moved by human behavior. I became a realtor in 2007 as 100’s of 1000’s let the industry because I felt I drawn the profession. I had to learn old fashion skills of becoming a realtor.I had to learn that a realtor’s job is to build relationships not sell real estate.
6. I understand the commodity of Real Estate. I understand housing from its foundation. I understand how a home breathes. I understand the economics and psychology of what moves housing. I understand the pricing trends on any real estate property type and I can apply this understanding in any neighborhood.
7. I have a system with clients: Listen—Educate—Be Patience—Educate again. I am a strong advocate and I understand the legal responsibility of fiduciary duty.
8. I remove the influence of money from any discussion & advice. I feel I honestly provide advice based on the best interest of the client.
9. I am good at reading people and I will (and have) advise a client to back-out a contract, because it was not right for them.
10. I believe that for these reasons It took me only 5-years to be elected into the Re/Max Hall of Fame (1 million in commissions). An accomplishment made in some of the worst years in DC Real Estate. I feel passionate about Real Estate. I am truly happy with what I do.